02 June 2009

"The Motions”

While my family was in Louisville we went to some old friends’ church. Their worship leader played a song by Matthew West, called “The Motions.”

I really loved it and have been singing it in my head for the past few days.

The chorus of the song goes like this:


I don’t wanna go through the motions

I don’t wanna go one more day

Without Your all consuming passion inside of me

I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking

What if I had given everything?

Instead of going through the motions


It makes me think about how that applies in my own life. How am I “going through the motions”? How am I putting on a show and covering up how I really feel? How am I just doing the Christian thing and not really putting God first in my life?

Thinking about this song, I realized that most, if not all, people have ways that they are “going through the motions” and not being real in their relationships. I don't want to be that person who is totally fake about their whole life and are just going through the motions of everything in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

go ahead. make my day.