29 May 2010

It's been almost a week, and so far, it's been good.

Traveling was crazy. I flew into Atlanta from Dayton on Sunday afternoon. That flight was fine, it arrived on time, and there were no problems. On our next flight, Atlanta to Paris, we were delayed three hours. Someone on the ground crew ran into our plane and broke a hole in something. All of the fuel and luggage was already loaded into it. They had to get another plane out of storage, clean it, put fuel in it, and switch all the luggage from the old plane into this one. At that point we were only two hours behind schedule. When we were boarding the plane, a lady was really upset and said that she was going to kill the airline. They told her that she wasn't going to fly on that plane, and she boarded anyways. They had to get Security in there to remove her, then put her on a plane to New York. After they removed her, they had to find her luggage out of all the other luggage loaded in the plane.

When we got to Paris, our flight had already left. The airline got us hotel rooms, and we had a day in Paris. We went down to the Eiffel Tower, on a boat cruise down the Seine, and walked down to the Champs Elysees. The Champs Elysees was completely closed down, and full of trees. There must have been at least a thousand of them, all up and down the Champs.

The next day, we were down in the lobby of our hotel waiting for the bus that would take us back to the airport. As we got onto the bus and sat down, I realized that I had left my passport and almost all of my money upstairs in my room. I had forgotten to put it back with the rest of my things after breakfast. We rushed back into the hotel where we got another key from the lady at the desk. I ran upstairs, grabbed my things, and then we waited for the next bus. On the way to the airport, our bus hit a customs van and one of the windows on the side was ripped off. After ten minutes of waiting for that to get cleared up, we finally arrived at the airport.

The flight here was good and quick, and on Tuesday night, two days after I left, we arrived at their house. It was dark when we got there so I couldn't see much of the city, and I haven't been out very much, but so far it reminds me of Arizona, just a little dustier.

It's been good so far, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the summer will be.


  1. Love the pic-Im so jealous.
    Glad you got there...eventully :)
    and safely!

  2. What an exciting journey! Thanks for sharing with us! -Jeff

  3. It was really fun :) Thank you!

    Thanks Jeff!

  4. wow. sounds like an adventure:) I'm so jealous though (about the paris part anyway, mean ladies on airplanes and running into vans, no thanks)

  5. I'm so glad you got to spend some time in Paris! God allows some pretty cool stuff! Have a great time, Sweetie. I'm praying for you.
    Aunt Jackie

  6. LF- it was! yeah the Paris part was fun but the rest, not so much.

    Aunt Jackie- thank you, it was fun! Love you too :)

  7. What a trip. So glad you got to spend some time in Paris, we know you have always loved it there. We are praying for you. What an adventure.
    Love you Grandma & Grandpa!


go ahead. make my day.