17 August 2010

home.

It's been so good to be home. I missed my family so much, and it's been amazing to be back with them. I loved being at church on Sunday and getting to see everyone. After working at middle school youth group on Sunday night, Ali came over. We spent the night at my grandma's in the little cabin down by the pond. That night we were sitting on the benches down by the pond when a bat started flying above us. It kept flying closer and closer, and all of a sudden it flew into Ali's arm. We all screamed and ran back into the bunkhouse and slammed the door shut. It was a fun night.

I just won a giveaway today! I'm getting a print and a set of notecards from this Etsy shop. I can't wait until they get here. I requested "Get Me Out of Here," in 11x14. I cannot wait to see it. Thank you so much Mandy!

I finally read the book that I've been wanting to read since before I left, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. It was so good. In the next week or so I'm going to read it again slower, much like I did with one of Donald Miller's other books, Blue Like Jazz. I think that I've read that book three or four times this summer.

I've gone swimming nearly every day since I've been back. It's rained. I've biked and trampolined with my sister, and we re-did a chair. It's been a good almost-week back home. Missing everyone there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just got your comment, don't worry, it will remain unpublished, and you don't have to publish this one either:) I'm sorry to hear that you had such a rough day. My day was quite eventful...I blew up the mixer...long story.

    Would you like to guest blog on us? We would love it if you did!

    PB&J

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.