22 November 2010

the generic thing to do.

Listening to: Smile by Uncle Kracker. 
Quote love: “I like to think that if my life were a book, I'm in the part that's so good you can't put the book down.”


I'm thankful for my relationship with my parents. I'm thankful that I can sit down and talk about whatever is on my mind with my mom; I'm thankful for every time I kiss my dad goodnight and he tells me I'm beautiful. 

I'm thankful for my siblings. For my older brother, who I can trust with anything. For my younger sister, whose been my best friend for as long as I can remember. I'm thankful for my two youngest sisters, who give the best hugs. 

I'm thankful for my friends. I'm thankful for my youth group, for all the friends that I have there. 

I'm thankful for you followers, you mean a lot to me. I love knowing that someone reads what I write and takes time to talk to me about it.

I'm thankful for Starbucks coffee (Pumpkin spice latte). 

I'm thankful for grey Converse. 

I'm thankful for Darcy, my camera. 

I'm thankful for God, and how much he has blessed me.

I'm thankful for Switchfoot and their music. :) 

I'm thankful for all the opportunities I've had. 

I'm thankful for our fireplace on cold nights. 

I'm thankful for the stars and the rain: that two of the things I love the most are never visible at the same time. 

I'm thankful for laughter and smiles, even though my eyes will be abnormally wrinkly when I get old.

I'm thankful I spent 1/3 of my childhood in Europe. 

I'm thankful for fresh French-pressed coffee (also, alliteration).

I'm thankful for the many wonderful blogs that make me want to copy their content. 

I'm thankful for British adjectives, like brilliant and wicked. Words like that force me to bring out my English accent. 

I'm thankful for fall, that it gives me an excuse to wear boots and wool coats. 

I'm thankful for my creaky old Mac that's about to fall apart. 

I'm thankful for you!

I'm thankful for jeans that are so old they keep the shape of my body when I take them off. 

I'm thankful for school in my pajamas. 

I'm thankful for my library, small as it is. 

I'm thankful for the one pen that makes my handwriting look better than it really is. 

I'm thankful that iTunes offers free music on Tuesdays.

I'm thankful for stunning sunsets. 

I'm thankful for the brilliance of fall.

I'm thankful for my 30 pages of quotes, and how reading them makes me happy. 

I'm thankful for my life. For how much God has blessed me and how much he's doing in my life. And if you got to the end of the list, I'm thankful for you once again.

8 comments:

  1. and we're thankful for you!
    I've been meaning to do my 'thankful' post but I keep forgetting. love the quote of the day BTW.
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Katie! I am thankful for you too! I was thinking about doing one of these this week too....happy (early) Thanksgiving! (The quote also was great!)

    PB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Photographs! I especially love the fence one. =) The sunset is so gorgeous. God's creation is amazing!
    That's a great idea for a post, Katie! =) Do you mind if I do this too?

    Love in Christ,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I'm thankful for every single one of my siblings as well. I love spending time with my older sister and laughing until we cry over a sappy Christmas song. (Try to laugh while studying for chemistry. The joys of homeschooling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. im thankful that you popped by my blog, and followed the instructions (skimmed your eyes upon something). =D
    im in adoration of some of your pictures. im crazy about photographs :o
    just to throw it out there, ridiculous is most overused adjective. it might be my favorite =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing photos. I myself enjoy the outdoors and taking pictures along with a love for reading! I'm a new follower...Great work!

    Here's my book blog:
    www.lulu-bookaddict.blogspot.com
    Your welcome to stop by anytime!

    -Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ali- I'm always thankful for you!

    LF- I loved your thankful post :) thank you!

    PB&J- happy thanksgiving to you too! I think it's my new favorite.

    Emily- why thank you! of course I don't mind..but, is it too late! sorry if it is, I should have replied sooner.

    Bethany- I know what you mean. my siblings are the best. ughh. I hated chemistry.

    sweet pea- I'm thankful for your comment :) thanks dear! I love ridiculous too...funny how some words are so overused but so brilliant.

    Lulu- thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.