26 October 2010

favorites.

Listening to: My Way or the Highway by Relient K. 
Quote love: “I know mice have a purpose. I’m sure of it. I just haven’t quite figured out what it is. Whatever it is, it’s in the same category as that of flies. And bananas. And Miracle Whip.” the Pioneer Woman. (we had mice in our cabin this weekend. on our beds. right next to our faces. have I mentioned how much I hate mice?)


See that book? I finished it this morning. I loved it; it was a great ending to the story. This Monday I finished Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex; more on that later. Currently I'm reading Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. So far, it's very good, a nice break from all the "candy" reading I've been doing lately (reading that is easy/not classic).


This is my favorite spot in my room. I do schoolwork, read, write, and spill my coffee on the desk. Every single piece of paper and letter that makes me laugh goes up on the wall. I have the Little Mermaid, Hawk Nelson, Ohio Avenue (yay small band!) and Waketheday (cool story: another small band that has since broken up, but used to come play at out church. whenever they were here they stayed at our house. the bassist tours with Relient K, merching for them and practicing with the band. such is my claim to fame). My two canvases with the quotes hang on that wall; I have a board with pictures of friends, plane & train tickets, all full of memories that flood when I see it. And of course, there's my bookcase. Ted Dekker, C.S Lewis, Suzanne Collins, Jane Austen, Peter David, Max Lucado, Natalie Lloyd...the list goes on. Every single book loved, organized in alphabetical order by first letter of authors last name, pulled off the shelf, stuffed in a bag, read over and over again.


I won a giveaway last week: these super cute (and warm!) fingerless gloves. I've been wearing them all day and I love them. I love things with buttons, but relatively plain, so this is right up my alley. Thanks so much girls!

I don't want to say much about fall retreat because I have this idea that anything I say will sound flat and second-hand by now. I will say that the whole thing was amazing, minus the mice, of course!

6 comments:

  1. You also won my giveaway, so God is def. blessing you! Have agreat week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I absolutely loooove that spot in your room! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on winning the giveaway! Those gloves are adorable. I've seriously been considering buying some on Etsy.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!♥ Your Blog is very beautiful. I suppose the name of your blog suits exactly what it is.

    I've always admired writing desks/corners in a room. Unfortunately, my room is quite small for my desire. Some day hopefully. But I like to look into rooms such as yours. Makes me so happy to see little nooks where the imagination can wander.

    Yazzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley- I was so excited about that :) I started the book a few days ago...it's great so far!

    Danielle- why thank you! I just realized what a crappy picture that is, and how much nicer the spot looks in person. but oh well. :)

    Kristin- thanks girl! I was considering buying some myself before I read that I won them.

    Yazzie- thanks so much. I absolutely love it :) ("it" being my desk and such, not my blog. that would sound so arrogant. ha.)

    Chloe- thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.