1) My new header. I love the texture, courtesy of this Flickr set. I had a hard time finding a good font to go with the rest of it, and since I didn't have time to download another one that I loved, American Typewriter will have to do for now. (For all you font-aphiles, yes, you are correct, that isn't normal AT, it's AT thin. Better?) The header is my favorite that I've ever made. Favorite as in, I've sat here staring at it for several minutes.
2) Slice by Five for Fighting. This song is super pretty. I've been listening to it on repeat for the last few days. "Have you read my blog today, 300 million little USAs, your doorstep is just a click away, we'll get together one of these days." Now I'm wanting an iTunes card so I can buy the rest of this album.
3) This quote: "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." I love how true this is.
4) I have a question. Would any of you be interested in guest posting for me? Here in a few weeks I'm wanting to put my laptop on a high shelf and leave it there for the week because: 1) I want to be spending less time of the computer and more time with my family (specifically younger sister number deux, cause I never do anything with her.) and 2) This is on my bucket list, and one of the few things that doesn't require travel, so I might as well knock it out now. The only problem with this is my blog. I don't want to leave it for so long, and I have neither the time or the energy to prepare a week's worth of posts. So send me a post at: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 22, next Friday. Thanks so much guys!
5) New faces. Follower faces I don't recognize? Loving it like crazy. :) You guys are so amazing. Back when I first started blogging and I still thought it was weird to follow people I don't know, I told my dad that 50 followers were the most I expected, ever. Thanks for topping that expectation!
6) How To Train Your Dragon. I'm in love with animated movies. This one is right up there with Toy Story 3. Hiccup is such an unlikely hero. Those are my favorite kind.
7) Learning more and more about Darcy. This week I learned how aperture and shutter speed work together, and now I'm shooting in manual. It's a good feeling.
Have an amazing weekend! I hope it's full of apple cider, fall leaves, smiles and hugs.