14 January 2010

too much for one title...

I have a lot to say, and it's all really random, which stinks, because I was planning on posting some of these on their own, and I had clever, witty titles for them.

Today I discovered that I can put my iPod in my back pocket, controls facing outwards, and then control it through my jeans. Someone had to tell me this, I, unfortunately didn't figure it out on my own.

I HATE blow-drying my hair. It makes my hair all poofy and then I have to straighten it, which takes forever. The only good thing is that I can turn my music up loud enough that I can hear it, and I don't get in trouble. (Headphones do not work; I tend to yank them out with the blow-dryer.)

You can't say "Irish wristwatch." Try. It's incredibly hard, and you'll sound ridiculous standing there at your computer attempting to say "Irish wristwatch". I know this from experience.

I learned how to say smile and laugh in French. I'm happy. :)

This weekend, I may be able to go up to the Christian college near my town and spend the night in the dorms with one of my bestest youth leaders, and some of my favorite friends! After that, we have life group on Saturday night, and it's gonna be ammmaaazing!

Funny thing: last night at youth group, the all-male band started playing Party in the USA, minus the vocals. Need I tell you how hard I laughed?

There's this girl at my church named Karly. I believe that I've written about her before, but I just wanted to share some more.
My family has lived here for four years in April, and I met Karly right when we first moved. I don't remember much about her then, just that I was the new kid and she was nice to me. We were (and still are) both homeschooled, so we saw each other at homeschool things, and she was really nice and sweet. In 2007 we took a speech class that her mom taught. It was great to get to hang out with her and get to know her better. I remember most how much she would laugh. She has such an amazing laugh, and she was always happy and smiley. She was always making jokes and laughing. Her boyfriend is one of my friends, and his sister is one of my best friends, so I saw her a lot. What I didn't know for a long time about Karly, and her older sister Kelsey, was that they both have a disease known as Dock8. Basically, they have no immune system. As a result, Karly has gotten cancer, and she is really sick.
Last night at youth group, they were on Skype and I got to see her. She's changed so much. Because of the chemo treatments for the cancer, all her hair has fallen out. She's very thin, and she just looks sick. She's still as pretty as she's always been, but it was just really hard to see her looking like that. I was able to say hi to her and talk with her a little bit. It was so sad. I was really glad to see her, and I was happy to be able to see how she was doing, but... I just felt like I didn't know what to say. As hard as this is for me, who doesn't even know her that well, I can just imagine how hard it is for her and Kelsey's family. And for her and Kelsey.
My family is going to Washington, DC next week and I really hope that we'll be able to go to her hospital and see her. I just don't know if I can handle it.
Prayer for her and her family (especially her and Kelsey) would be greatly appreciated.

That's pretty much it... and I'm getting really good at writing long posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

go ahead. make my day.