18 January 2011

the rainy day post.

Listening to: One More Time With Feeling by Regina Spektor. (I adore having iTunes money to spend. :)
Quote love: “The tragedy is not that things are broken. The tragedy is that they are not mended again.” Alan Paton


I woke up this morning and almost immediately (give or take fifteen minutes) began smiling.

I won a book. The sequel to a book that I've read, and loved. AND I won this book from Ally Condie, the author of Matched. When I checked my email and saw her name in my inbox, I was beyond words. (God has blessed me: I've won so much in the past six years.) Today has been good.

And to top off my good-day feeling, it rained. And because of the way my school is divided up, I had mainly Dutch and French today, both my favorites.

A good way to spend the day? I thought so too.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! I, too had a good day. Mainly because common asessments are over, and tomorrow is the first day of second semester!!! :D

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a really cool picture! I've always wanted to learn French...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really cool picture! I've always wanted to learn French...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the song, love the quote, and love the picture! Basically, I love this post :D

    ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! French is such a beautiful language.
    Glad you had a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miranda- I'm glad you had such a good day :)

    Jane Doe- thanks dear! It's the best...I love it :)

    Lauren- I basically love you!

    Libby- thank you! I know, isn't it? Just hearing people speak it is so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

go ahead. make my day.